Solved

How to measure conversion rate of invites?

• 5 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I am not sure which chart type to use here, given the two events would be logged for two different users:

1. invite event is sent by user A
  2. accept invite is received by new user B

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 5 December 2023, 22:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Congxing Cai 

You will have to capture either the user_id ( of the user who invited ) or some sort of invitation_id as event properties on both the events - invitation sent and invitation accepted.

To measure conversion i.e. of all invites sent how many got accepted, you then use the Funnel chart by holding any of those event properties constant.

Hope this helps.

@Saish Redkar thanks for the response. I did set the invitation_id as event properties.

However, the two events are associated with two different user ids. Is there a way to link two such events in a funnel chart?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah, yes. My bad, for funnel analysis, each event must be performed by the same user id.

One approach would be to generate an Invitation Received event for the user who got invited alongside the Invitation Sent event . So on the user level, funnel will be invitation received --> invitation accepted. But this can be a bit tricky to implement sometimes since in most of the implementations out there a user id can be only created after user accepts an invite.

Here’s a post which addresses a similar scenario:

@Saish Redkar is there a way to log the event for user A during the session of user B? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Afaik, that is something which needs to be implemented on your end. Just need to make sure you have the correct attribution of which user id is the doer vs receiver.