Solved

How do I remove some of the values that appear when I select the app_id property?

• 17 April 2023
  • 8 replies

When I select the epp idi property, I find extra values there that I would like to remove, but don't know how. 
For example, when I select the app_id property, I would like the values com.example.3, com.example.5 and com.example.7 to be removed and not displayed. 
Can you please tell me how I can do this?

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 17 April 2023, 14:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

To my knowledge you can’t remove values...but you can hide them in the UI from your end users. If you go to Data > User Properties (or Data > Event Properties). Then click the check box next to the property you want to remove values for and then click Transform….in there you’ll see an option to “Hide Values”. Like this…

To my knowledge you can’t remove values...but you can hide them in the UI from your end users. If you go to Data > User Properties (or Data > Event Properties). Then click the check box next to the property you want to remove values for and then click Transform….in there you’ll see an option to “Hide Values”. Like this…

Thanks for the reply! Can you please tell me if there is a way to hide only certain property values and not all of them?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Clicking “Hide Values” opens up an interface where you can configure that…

Clicking “Hide Values” opens up an interface where you can configure that…

Thank you! Can you please tell me how I can activate the transform tab?
When I check one of the properties, the transform button does not appear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Which Amplitude plan are you on? If Transform isn’t available to you it might be that you’re not on a high enough plan, though someone from Amplitude will confirm that I’m sure (@Jeremie Gluckman ?).

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@dangrainger thanks for stepping in here!! @Andrey Sveshnikov Transform is only available on our Growth and Enterprise plans. But there may be a way to remove this property by removing the unwanted values before they are sent to Amplitude. Where are you sending this data from?

Badge

@Esther Trapadoux  We have sent some unwanted property values in the past, but have now cleaned the data from our client software and will no longer be receiving the unwanted values. Are you saying that the old unwanted values will start to disappear from the query builder selection options in this case? Or is there something else we need to do here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@kenny sorry about the long delay, while the unwanted property values won’t be removed, they would not be associated with any new events, so over time, as you look at more recent data, the impact of these values would diminish.