Solved

How can I get the total historic amount of users up to this date?

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to generate a segmentation analysis which will give me the daily amount of active users, now to do that I’ll need something like (Amount of unique users per day / Total of unique users that Amplitude has ever registered historically) * 100, the first value is pretty easy to get, I’d just select the Event: Any Active Event in the segmentation analysis, is the second value the one I’m not sure if it’s available in Amplitude.

Best!

icon

Best answer by Loc Tran 21 December 2022, 21:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Eduardo, 

The event segmentation chart can give you the Daily Active Users by using “Any Active Event” like you mention and then using the Daily metric in the chart. Since this is filtering active events, it is more than just the unique users on each day’s data point. This is your count of unique, active users for each day. 

To the right, there is the Takeaway metric on the chart. You can click the 3 dots with “more” to change the takeaway to Overall Uniques and that will give you the sum of unique users over the date range. 

This is bound to the date range picker and there is a limit to how far back Amplitude can go. In this case, the date range picker can go back 365 days

Demo chart link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/kcg4lrr

I hope this helps you with your analysis! Please reply with any questions. Thanks! 

Best, 
Loc

Thanks Loc, i’ll try this out!