Solved

Excluding Based on Intent

• 16 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Looking for insights for an interesting Funnel conversion situation. I’m wanting to exclude users who come to the transaction screens if they managed their giving, except if they actually did a transaction. Here’s a visual of how I’m thinking of it.

Transaction metrics​​​​​

So if a person does an action on the transaction screen and does a transaction, even if they checked their history, I do want to count their conversion. However, if they only checked their history on the transaction screen, then I don’t want to count them.

Here’s the equation I’m thinking of:
Transaction Conversions/(Action on Transaction Screen - Manage Actions without Conversion)

How do I do that in Amplutide’s Funnel?

icon

Best answer by Andrew B 16 March 2022, 14:24

View original

4 replies

Badge

A couple of things that I’ve tried are:

• Excluding the Manage Actions, but this removes the people who both managed and did a transaction.
  • Using a Cohort for Manage Giving, then excluding them. I’m unclear if this only eliminates the people currently in the cohort or applies who was in the cohort on each day as I look back over the last 30 days.

It seems like the second option would work IF who was excluded was dynamic to each day in the past.

Badge

So I found that the Cohorts are not dynamic to each day in your search. So the second option is not going to work.

Still could use some help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hmm...I’m not sure this is achievable with funnels. Throwing a possible proxy out there…

Event segmentation chart

Event A: Viewed Transaction Screen

Event B: Transaction Conversion

Segment 1: Any user who performed Transaction History >= 1 time any time in each day AND who performed Transaction Conversion >= 1 time any time in each day

Segment 2: Any user who performed Transaction History < 1 time any time in each day AND who performed [any action on transaction screen except for Transaction History] >= 1 time any time in each day.

Use a formula: %:(UNIQUES(A1)+UNIQUES(A2))/(UNIQUES(B1)+UNIQUES(B2))

Let me know what you think.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Andrew B oops, had my denominator and numerator flipped and can’t edit my reply - the formula would be %:(UNIQUES(B1)+UNIQUES(B2))/(UNIQUES(A1)+UNIQUES(A2))