Solved

Can't group Events by Event Properties

• 27 June 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to create a `Chart` of the top events grouped by certain custom event properties. However, I am unable to do so because the event properties don’t appear in the UI when building the chart.

When I inspect the events using the User Lookup feature, I see the event properties I want to group by in the raw representation of the events so I can confirm that Amplitude has access to these properties. 

I am sending these events to Amplitude via Segment in case that’s important. 

What steps do I need to take in order to group by event properties? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 27 June 2022, 22:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @tvon 

If you are able to see the ingested event properties in the raw view, then you might want to check the Govern section if those event properties are blocked/hidden and unblock/unhide them accordingly.

Also, if you had initialized your schema in Govern, then you can check in your Govern Homepage if those properties are being shown under Unexpected Errors. If you see them here, then you will have to approve them in here for them to show up in the chart dropdowns.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I echo everything @Saish Redkar said! 

So your chart looks something like this, correct? And when you click on “group by”, the event property does not appear in the dropdown? Does it appear when you freeform type it in the search bar?