Solved

Calculating minutes played on D0 and calculating retention vs. minutes played

• 19 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m looking to create a chart that shows me the average minutes played for D0 users. I don’t need this broken down per day (this is the only chart I seem to be able to create), I just need the mean average across all D0 users. I also want to make a chart showing the retention after minutes played to see when players are dropping off similar to the charts in this article from google: https://medium.com/googleplaydev/why-the-first-ten-minutes-is-crucial-if-you-want-to-keep-players-coming-back-to-your-mobile-game-4a89031b6308

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 19 July 2022, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @pocketmatt 

If you have access to behavioral cohorts, you can create a cohort from the Day 1 retained users for your app within a given time frame and then use this cohort in an user session chart.

e.g For this demo daily retention chart, you can extract the Day 1 cohort and plug that into this user sessions ( avg Length ) chart.

I’m not sure if I have oversimplified this one, but let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly.

If I’m only interested in their behaviour on D0 and not their future behaviour how do I do that? I’m right in thinking the chart you linked will show session length for all D1 retained users and not just data from users who are using the product on D1. I guess it’s not a cohort of users I’m after, it’s a subset of data from all users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @pocketmatt ,

I would agree with @Saish Redkar here where you would create a cohort of users, which would be a subset of users. You could create a cohort of users from D0 retained users and then query on that cohort and use something like the user sessions chart. You could then see the average time for these users in the cohort. Might that help?

Kind Regards,
Denis