Solved

Calculating LTV and other key revenue metrics

• 1 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • How do you calculate LTV per user?
  • How do you calculate a distribution of user total purchase?
  • How do you calculate  a distribution of user repeat purchases?

I have just started at a new company and am trying to calculate LTV but cannot figure it out.

We use the revenue event and seem to have both total spend and total purchases # associated with the user but I cannot figure out how to use these two useful metrics. Both total purchase # and total spend are not stored as user properties but seem to be unique revenue user properties? I have never seen them before. 

I have attached an image of my user profile for context.

Please help!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 1 August 2023, 17:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

HI @CaraDavies 

Did you try out the Revenue LTV chart for your use cases.? There are some metrics in there which you can chart using your revenue events.

You can also try to build out your own via the Metrics functionality by using the properties of your revenue events.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi Saish ! This sounds exactly like what I would want, how do I access metrics though?

I just tried adding an event and swapping to the metric tab which is what the help article indicated but I am not getting that?

Do you know what these unique revenue properties are on the user which I mentioned above? Is there a way I can reference them specifically? (total spent and purchase #)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Metrics won’t live on a user level. They will be aggregated across your events over X time interval.

Values for the Total Spent and # Purchases metrics are aggregated based on events in the user's stream that contain the $revenue property. So they are just there on the UI under the profile and can’t be referenced on a user level.

If you want, you can try exploring the Computations feature which allows you to create aggregated properties on user level using existing properties.