Solved

Best way to measure users who have never churned?

• 27 June 2023
  • 2 replies

hi all! am looking for some help - I am trying to use Amplitude to create a chart of users who have had >1 active event for every month they have been on a platform. Users all sign up in different months, however, which is making this tricky. The workaround I was trying was to create cohorts for each month, and then use the segmentation graph to graph for each monthly cohort, the number of users who have had an event every month. I'm hitting a limit on the number of cohorts I can show here, and this feels way too manual. does anyone have a tip on a better way to use Amplitude to calculate users who have been active every month and have never missed a month? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 27 June 2023, 04:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Aliza Rosen 

If you have access to derived properties feature, you can start with the following approach and create a “month number” derived property. Once you have that property created, you can anchor your cohort creation as mentioned in there along with your initial joining event for the users.

Let me know if this works out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Aliza Rosen great question. We just hosted a Retention Models workshop with @timothy-permutable and he touched on this topic (and maybe a few ways to get closer to what you’re trying to solve for). Here’s the recording and will share out the follow up recap post to make it easier to consume.