Solved

S2 import ingestion error with property missing

• 15 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Im trying to import json from S3,

S3 connection is success, but ingesion is giving 1 error all the time. and i could not see this source listing in events as well. Could you someone help me? eventhough i have all properties mentioned in error .

sample event.json file content from S3

{"event_type": "watch tv","user_id": "vinothss","device_id": "host2","event_properties": {"business_id_encid": "456"},"user_properties": {"utm_channel_category": "discovery","utm_channel_source": "network"},"time": "1645066434190","session_id": "1","app_version": "3"}

{"start_time":"2022-09-15T08:59:13.809","start_offset":0}

{"offset":0,"error":"events must contain an event_type (Missing event type),events must have either user_id or device_id or both (Missing device or user id),events must have a time (Missing time field): {\"library\":\"vacuum/generic_converter_2020_03\",\"app_version\":\"3\",\"insert_id\":\"auth0-events/upload/event_3.json:31776313893:0:0\",\"session_id\":\"1\",\"vacuum_source_id\":\"3952\",\"$skip_user_properties_sync\":true}"}

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 23 September 2022, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @vinoth.sivakumar

Thanks for posting this question!

I checked your Data Connection with S3 and saw one of them has error. I believe that is because the S3 converter is not set up correctly - you copied the one from the converter doc but that was only an example. You would need to set it up according to your data structure. Thanks.