Facebook ad Campaign Names not importing

  • 23 December 2021
  • 1 reply




We’ve set up Amplitude for our Mobile App and are using Branch as our MMP.

We’ve run into a situation where we are unable to segment users based on campaign name on Amplitude. This situation is only happening with users acquired via Facebook campaigns.

We can see these users in Branch, however are unable to see them on Amplitude.


Is anyone else running into the same issue? is there a way around this?


Thank you


Best answer by ning.chang 28 December 2021, 04:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @ImtiazN!

From my past experiences, I am aware that attributions partners are not able to send Facebook data to Amplitude.

As such, customers who wish to send Facebook install events to Amplitude do have to send that data via our server-side endpoint instead so HTTP API or Batch API. The server-side endpoint is quite straightforward - you will need to explicitly set your data according to the format we have available and then send those requests to us:

Generally speaking, if you have a way to export the install data from Branch into JSON format, that should give you most of the info in a format that could then be manually (or via a script) converted into our fields according to the doc I sent above.