Solved

Count seems incorrect for the first event in the Funnel

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I exported the CSV for a funnel and noticed the ‘Total’ count for the first event is different to the sum of the counts for each date. This only seems to be the case for the first event in the funnel, the total for subsequent events equal the sum across all dates.

I double checked this by creating a Event Segmentation for the same event and date range. The total (uniques) matches the sum from the funnel CSV, but is different to the ‘Total’ in the CSV / funnel chart.

Anyone know what’s going on here?

icon

Best answer by Technologic82 19 October 2021, 12:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Good morning @Technologic82 ,

I believe what is going on here is that users are entering the funnel multiple times on different dates. If a user can enter the funnel multiple times, they can appear for as many dates as they entered and completed the funnel. The total count is different as it is the deduplicated count of unique users across the funnel.

So the deduplicated count of unique users is the total count of unique users but a user can fall into more than one day. I hope this explains it! If you are still unclear, please feel free to comment your charts and the data points and I can explain further, thank you!

Badge

Hi Denis,

Many thanks for your reply. That does make sense and the numbers I’m seeing for events that would trigger on subsequent sessions reflect this thinking.

Think I’m good for now!

Best