Amplitude's Chrome plugin extension enables browser-side event monitoring

• 29 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Do you know about Amplitude’s Event Explorer Chrome Extension

It’s free, quick to install, and easy to use. This Plugin sits on your Chrome browser and displays all existing browser-side Amplitude event tracking that you trigger as you load a website or product and click around to navigate that web domain. This helpful guide enables you to become an expert on your product’s browser event tracking.

Check out this quick demo on how to use Amplitude’s Chrome plugin extension on a webpage or product experience from your browser. 

Bonus points: Comment below the number of times I said “browser” in this first video.

It’s crucial to keep in mind Amplitude’s Chrome plugin extension only displays browser-side tracking. Your product might have server-side events setup as well, either via Amplitude’s server-side SDKs or via an upstream source connector, such as Segment, Sendgrid, Intercom, etc. 

To avoid having any blind spots as you monitor your product’s existing instrumentation, I encourage you to navigate to your user lookup event streams within your Amplitude login to validate all browser and server side events that trigger for your user profile as you navigate your product. 

Let me know if this was helpful. Thanks!

➡ Next, review this relevant post:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!