Solved

Tracking Facebook Installs in Amplitude

• 17 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello!

We have a very important task to track from which source our users have installed our app and see this data in Amplitude. We use Appsflyer for this task. We send install events from Appsflyer to Amplitude and can see the attribution from all our sources except Facebook.

Appsflyer support answered that Facebook does not allow the distribution of user-level data. This applies to all advertisers, operating systems, and MMPs.  So Appsflyer renames Facebook installs to organic.

However, Facebook tracking is crucial for us. Is there any other option to transfer data from Facebook to Amplitude. We need to understand from which source our user came and installed our app using amplitude in user property.

There is an option I have seen in the community that we can try to use Attribution API. However, can we make it real for facebook installs for our mobile app. 

In addition. I know that there is a solution for web but we are interested in mobile analytics only

icon

Best answer by Jeremie Gluckman 20 February 2023, 11:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @branderstudio and excuse the delay. I found this related thread in our Community that might help. I’m also linking to more info about our AppsFlyer integration - link.