Solved

Automated emails to trigger upon event

• 1 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to trigger an email following a specific event load on amplitude...say clicking on a certain button, an event will load. Following this event load an email pertaining to tis action will be sent to the user. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 3 May 2023, 08:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Matt McCarthy 

AFAIK, that functionality isn’t directly supported in Amplitude.

You can however create cohorts based on such ingested events and send email via syncing with supported email marketing tool integrations as seen here.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey @Matt McCarthy , @Saish Redkar provides a great option of cohort syncing, though we recognize cohorts is only available to customers on a paid plan. 

Amplitude also offers event streaming to multiple destinations here. You can stream up to 10M events per month for free to any destination [product announcement here].

Amplitude also takes advantage of this feature internally by streaming a select few events to our Intercom instance for key action-triggered and time-sensitive messaging to our end users. Contingent on your marketing platform, this might be a good solution for what you’re seeking.

Thank you @JennRu and @Saish Redkar . If we wanted to integrate with hubspot for comms such as password reset email triggers would cohorts work? I imagine there may be latency issues here and may not be as suitable as event streaming. Please advise as I didnt see hubspot as an events streaming partner.

Best 

Matt

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Matt McCarthy great news, the team is working on HubSpot event streaming and they’re expecting a beta version to be in place by the end of this quarter (Q2’23). 💃🏻