Skip to main content

Hi all.

My team has exceeding the Event properties limit in our account and no new properties which are being added are getting fired.
We have identified a few events which can be deleted that will bring us back down in the properties limit.
I just wanted to know if we delete the identified events and their properties, how soon will they be reflected in the account and what can be the easiest fastest way to start tracking again.
We are using a free account, should we create a new project or will deleting the events help?

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for writing in. Happy to help!

Upon reviewing your production project, it seems that the count of event properties is still exceeding the limit of 2000.

To address this, you'll need to delete some of the unneeded event properties. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Identify and delete the unneeded event properties in your project's Data page. Here's a guide on how to delete event properties.
2. Once you've deleted the properties and are under the limit, wait for about 24 hours for the new event properties to appear in Amplitude.

After you've deleted the properties and brought the count under the limit, it will take around 24 hours for the new event properties to start appearing in Amplitude. This is because our system needs some time to process the changes and update the data.

As for creating a new project, it's not necessary if you're able to manage and stay within the event properties limit in your current project.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Thao

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.

@Thao Nguyen Thank you so much for your help. 

Regards

Shiva Mahna

You're welcome, Shiva! I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.