Solved

why client event time of some events is future timestamp?

• 25 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have recently experienced a problem with the client_event_time, as it presents an inaccurate future timestamp. I would appreciate any insights regarding the causes and timing of this discrepancy, as I aim to prevent such instances from occurring. To provide further context, the events were recorded on April 21, 2023, but the client_event_time displays May 26, 2023.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 25 April 2023, 18:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

HI @dykim 

What’s your mode of data ingestion? SDKs or the HTTP API?

I think this could be some issue on your client code since the client event time is set in future, but all the upload timestamps are well in sync.

Badge

Thank you for reply @Saish Redkar 

is it possible that the user intentionally modified the time settings on their mobile device, consequently leading to data being logged with a future timestamp?

Badge

We are utilizing both SDKs and the HTTP API in our system. A new case has arisen where the client_event_time is logged as December 16, 2026, while all other timestamps seem to be inaccurate, showing as July 27, 2022. I think all upload timestamps are well synchronized.

What could be the cause of this discrepancy, and how can it be resolved?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@dykim great question, there are a couple of reasons this might be happening, including a dependency on the user’s device clock. I’ve raised this issue with our support team so they can look into this further!

@Esther Trapadoux Is there any update on this issue? I am also noticing the event time is sometimes in the future compared to the other timestamps.