Solved

View the usage of a property

• 18 August 2021
  • 2 replies

We have a property that was previously being misreported by one of the clients. We plan to switch to a new property that reports this correctly.

Is there a way to view all the charts that make use of an existing property (so we could switch them to use the new property)?

icon

Best answer by Jacenda Davis 19 August 2021, 20:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @raheel 
If you are on the Growth and Enterprise plan and have the Govern add-on, you will be able to do this.

I’m not able to find any direct docs mentioning this workflow yet, but I’ll try my best to explain.

1. Once you hit Govern, you will see the Govern page for your selected project.

1. Go to the User Properties or Event Properties tab and select the desired property.
  1. A panel window will appear from the right as follows to show some meta data of that property and the Charts will be listed if that property was used in any.
Govern→ User Properties/Event properties → Charts

Also, you can take a look at the transformations feature  which might help to transform your event data in order to correct the misreporting use case.

Let me know if I have interpreted your question correctly. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @raheel, thank you for your question!

As @Saish Redkar mentioned, the best way to check which charts make use of an existing property is to navigate to the property in Govern and toggle to the ‘charts’ tab for the selected property. This view will list all of the saved charts that have the property present.

*I’d also like to clarify that the ‘charts’ tab is available to all customers, not just those customers with the Govern add-on.

As for the Transformations feature, you would need to have the Govern Add-on enabled in order to leverage Transformations. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have questions.