Solved

Unsetting user properties

• 25 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi! I’ve been having some trouble with unsetting some duplicate user properties. I’ve used the unset() method in the Identify API to unset the properties in most instances, but for some reason, the property still appears in the user look-up for only one user in one of our projects. I’ve unset the property multiple times in every place where I’ve set user properties just to cover my bases, but I still can’t get rid of it. Any advice? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 26 January 2022, 10:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @carissa.mok ,

You should be able to use the unset function to be able to remove any user property. Is it a string, array or number? If you can PM me the User profile and which property you are trying to remove? I would like to try and remove it myself if that is alright with you? 

As an option until then, please see this example from myself where we target the user_id of sheila@gmail.com and we are removing her gender user property at the top of the profile so it will not be on any further events. I hope this helps for now! I look forward to your message.

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge +1

Hi @Denis Holmes,

The properties are both strings. And yes, I can PM you the profile and properties. Is that screenshot from the Amplitude site? As in, is it possible to access the Identify API outside of the code?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @carissa.mok 

I have sent you a PM explaining how to use the Identify API. It is possible to access the API through any API Software. The one I am showing above is Postman and is just used to make API calls. If you pass the same parameters I have above and tailor it to your users, it should work just fine. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Denis Holmes does this work for historic data also? Thanks!