Solved

Appsflyer install doesn't match

• 16 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello! How to determine what is the reason for not matching appsflyer Install events? What parameter from both systems is used for matching? Can ATT status “not determined” be the reason for that matching doesn’t work?

How to check if these events are coming to amplitude and waiting for matching? 

icon

Best answer by tracy.guo 17 February 2022, 18:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @juliana - thanks for your question! My understanding is that you’re seeing a mismatch in AppsFlyer Install events between Amplitude and AppsFlyer.

Here are a few help center articles that I think would be useful to look into:
AppsFlyer: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/225887508#h_37a9fb90-9a3c-46d5-9015-f9dbc23a9b8d 

Troubleshooting missing attribution events: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051234592

To summarize, in order for an AppsFlyer event to show up in Amplitude, there must be a non-attribution event (regular event logged by user) that has a matching Advertising ID already in Amplitude or sent to Amplitude within 72 hours of receiving the AppsFlyer event. Lack of Advertising ID and lack of matching events are the two most common reasons that attribution events do not make it into Amplitude.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Badge

Hello! Thanks for reply.

How to make sure that our events have or don’t have matching Advertising ID both in Amplitude and Appsflyer? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @juliana I hope all is well. I wanted to close the loop here. Were you able to find a way forward? If needed, the platform team is here to help. 

Badge

Hello! We still have problem with Appsflyer Install event - it doesn’t reach Amplitude or maybe matching doesn’t work for some reason. We tried different changes for setting User Id and Device id properties for Amplitude event’s user properties so that its match the ones of Appsflyer user, but all the same there are no new Appsflyer events.