Solved

Warning: Event property limit but not in Data details.

• 17 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I see this ^, so then I go to Data → Properties → Event Properties, and I see I only have <1K event properties. 
So I don’t understand why I am being warned about reaching the limit. 

?

icon

Best answer by Yosimy.Cortes 25 October 2022, 01:04

View original

3 replies

in case someone wonders about this, the issue came up with the new UI. To make changes effective after deleting the properties you need to save them, otherwise, the counter on the event properties will show a value under the limit, but because changes are “local” and not saved, you will still be above the limit.
problem solved by saving.

IMO poor UI, lack of clarity with new vs past for existing users. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @sallyAndTheFlyingWhales!

Thank you for posting your fix. You are correct that in order to make the changes effective, you must publish the changes to make them official. When multiple teams make and test changes to a tracking plan at the same time, ensuring they can do this without inadvertently undoing each other’s work can become a challenge. Rather than trying to coordinate these parallel efforts, Amplitude Data lets each team create its own isolated working area called a branch. Changes you make on a branch (whether on the main branch or your own branch later on) are initially kept in the branch's staging area, where they remain pending. This allows users to take another look and ensure that they are making the correct changes and not deleting the wrong events on accident.  Once you confirm the change are good and ready, you can publish them. However, I agree that it is not very clear that you have to publish the changes after making them. I will submit a feature request to offer more clarity into the process of deleting events and then publishing those changes. In the meantime, you can read more about this process in this Help Center document: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/5078713391387-Work-with-branches

Thank you!

Great thanks!