Project name changed not displayed on every parts

• 12 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Helpful Hero
  • 9 replies

Hi Amplitude team / community,

I might find a bug or maybe just missing on the step?. So I tried to change the name of a project, but in [Data] drop down, the name doesn’t really changed (image attached). But I also wonder if this is expected.

not all parts are changed when we rename Amplitude project

Hope this could help,

Lau

icon

Best answer by Lau 23 March 2023, 10:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out here @Lau. Were you able to make progress. Here’s more information on viewing and editing your project information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

hi Amplitude team (and thanks for the response)

On the link, I think you mean this link? https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058073772-Create-and-manage-organizations-and-projects#view-and-edit-your-project-information

But if it’s, I still can’t make any progress on it. So in the place mentioned itself, we can change the project’s name by clicking the name directly, the name will change in that place, but not other. One of them is in part that I mentioned above. Aside from that, sometime it’s kinda buggy (if you can look into the “envionment” section, some name are using the new changed name, some are not)

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @Lau I’ll make sure the team is aware.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just update on this, with the help of Amplitude team (thanks!), I found the problem.

So to change the name, you need “Admin” level privilege, not just “Manager” (there will be a name box when you’re Admin).

Hope this helps