Solved

Amplitude's Bulk Ingestion Experiment

• 10 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey all, first post here. We use Amplitude and i noticed some wonkiness in my event timeline and then got this notice that there’s a test on the platform until 8/12 and if there’s any concerns to notify the “#ampl-bulk-ingestion-experimentation” slack channel.

I didn’t know there was an Amplitude Customer Slack server - can i get a link to it to join!

Also, we have a product launch coming up and i’d like to be testing our new events locally, so i’d like to know how to opt out of this experiment (since the wording makes it clear that events will be delayed). 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by cselden 10 August 2022, 19:43

View original

3 replies

hi @dalvarez - thanks for writing in and apologies for any confusion.

This prompt was meant for Amplitude’s internal users and would not impact a customer’s instance of Amplitude. That said, please let us know if/how you’re experiencing issues w/ data flowing into Amplitude and we’ll do our best to take a look.

Thanks,

Chris

@cselden thanks for clarifying! Dunno why I received that prompt haha.

For the “wonkiness” i was referring to, i lost my screenshot unfortunately but basically some events were out of order chronologically speaking; at the top i see events for 7pm for example, which remain there stickied, then i scroll down and see more recent events, like for 7:30pm same day

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dalvarez ! Happy to follow up on the “wonkiness” you were perhaps seeing in your User Streams. So it is the case that Amplitude groups the event stream by session, and orders it in reverse chronological order—i.e., the session property with the most recent activity is at the top of the list. https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/229313067-Look-up-event-data-for-individual-users#:~:text=Amplitude%20groups%20the%20event%20stream%20by%20session%2C%20and%20orders%20it%20in%20reverse%20chronological%20order%E2%80%94i.e.%2C%20the%20session%20property%20with%20the%20most%20recent%20activity%20is%20at%20the%20top%20of%20the%20list

Do you perhaps recall what the session_ids were for those events? It’s possible that the events were in different sessions and the 7:30pm events were part of a session that started earlier but didn’t end until later.