Solved

What is the best way to export user data from amplitude

• 28 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there, 

i would like to figure out the best way to export user data including `last seen at`, `first seen at` so we can create custom retention charts such as below in excel. 

Is there a buik export function that allows us to dump our data either into a CSV or a SQL database?

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 10 May 2023, 10:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Jacob Lynch great question (and welcome!), there are a few different options when it comes to exporting data. Linking an article here to get you started. If none of these help, just let me know and we’ll find something that works for your use case!

Hi Esther, 

Thanks for the reply. Specifically, how do you export the `user_last_seen` property? None of the exports in that article describe how to do that. 

Best, 

Jake

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Jacob Lynch ah got it. “user_last_seen” is a computed "property" that Amplitude does by default for each user profile. However, this is not actually a "property" that can be used on a chart or be exported since they are not actually properties that you sent with your event data. As such, it is the case that there isn't a way to export first seen and last seen. 

We do, however, take customer feedback seriously. We encourage you to submit a feature request via the Amplitude widget at the bottom right corner on the UI > Give Feedback (please see attached screenshot). 

Please share as much information as possible about your use case and how you visualize the feature. Links are more than welcome! A detailed description would help our Product team understand the importance of the request better. I’ll submit this request as well since you’re certainly not the first to ask!