Question

Sessions spanning several days

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I have stumbled with cases like this, in which a user has sessions spanning for several days. Plus, the timestamp for  some of the events of a given session don’t match with te day on the left pane.

This is making difficult to measure session length properly.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Alán García Bernal. I could be wrong….but the weird time stamping in the User Look-up that you’re seeing feels like it could well be the same issue as in here, have a read to see the resolution…

Hi @dangrainger , thank you for your answer. I read the post, but I think it is a different issue. It is not so much the order in which they are presented, but the fact that I’m seeing SessionIDs with event spanning for multiple days, for instance the session in the image below has a first event on may 24th, however, the last 2 events are from June 2nd and June 8th.

Have you ever encountered something similar?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Alán García Bernal welcome! I couldn’t reproduce the issue so I asked the product team to look into this and help troubleshoot. This does look strange.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Alán García Bernal thanks for the patience, someone from our team looked into this and this looks like a bug. Do you mind filling out this form to submit the bug? And feel free to ping me or reply back here so I can track it on my side.

Hi @Esther Trapadoux , thanks for your support, I already filled the form. Please let me know if you need anything else from our side.