Solved

Privacy requirement in Apple Store or Google Play due to Amplitude usage

• 17 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

We are submitting our new app (onrun.com) to Apple Store (and later to Google Play). We have used Amplitude in our React Native app. Apple requires answers to a series of privacy questions that I am not sure how to answer, and now Apple has rejected the app. 

Just to be clear, we are only using Amplitude. We are NOT using any other third-party application for tracking or advertisement purposes. 

Apple asks a series of questions for each Data Type such as Name, Email Address, Fitness, Precise Location, Contacts, User ID, Product Interaction, and Crash Data. The questions, however, seem to be similar for each data type and consist of 3 questions: (1) how the data is used, (2) is it linked to the user’s identity, and (3) is it used for tracking. For example, for the Identifiers data type, here is the flow of questions. Please also see the details of the questions in the attached screenshots. 

[question 1] Indicate how user IDs collected from this app are being used by you or your third-party partners.

[answer   1] Analytics

[question 2] Are the user IDs collected from this app linked to the user’s identity?

[answer   2] Yes (?)

[question 3] Finally, indicate if user IDs will be used for tracking purposes.

[answer   3] Yes (?)

So my question is that just by using Amplitude, for which of these 8 data types, do I need to answer ‘Yes’ to the question of whether that data is collected and, more specifically, whether that data type is used for tracking? 

I really appreciate it to have your support to figure out the correct answers

-----------------------------------------    ATTACHMENTS.   -----------------------------------------

8 data types collected from this app: Name, Email Address, Fitness, Precise Location, Contacts, User ID, Product Interaction, Crash DataxK_A3K_gI8PdS0-V-O-sc0M5lZaobQ9031LitcsmhRJFDS4nCZl_WQI4vx46Z5eU_F3wkMXZeh9GjN4MzvwZ6lNh8D0pmoWHklpKafx7UKMdH3_cp6M_bL14vMCdNtSrJk8IZPcxDTl8xC2IffPJYcE

[Question 2] How the data is used
x_3JAFAazoLhSAWHc_WxxIcpAdnGdAoo4kEdOonr-puJ0n92O5DcayLDng6Sm7qFwl1LO4RmOFcKoEGXx9Nox0ufRlVwuDd3sZBlm08TW7ZBebkotr3TFCPt8jDlwMrYcuQbASRhydvJMJYRd8XP2W0

[Question 2] Are the user IDs collected from this app linked to the user’s identity?

JS91ag1SJ2cSW4vdrxtFwelYg8WHbclrnuJTwR84BvUMhukZLh0YUV6hGaKhlzaa7qpU4rlt8J6hKskmenZbOuvSXrJI1QxBTEqotQufKX6ad80V7iF_qKHoJ1swe2sbstSDnolV1U8U4_3qVu6HOt0

[Question 3 - part 1] Finally, indicate if user IDs will be used for tracking purposes. 

hdYShCLRvvKqfztTGg4561tXRc5WWuh9q4298XwkScmshTSwHVaU3ky03JvfnV-QcpWZyZyAATKHtru522JUpHazJBlo4Iugu1_RjowaBEiddHYZ6i3ywS0OyEeozOGx5xTyMW-RIqjBoxeNUSlPlao

[Question 3 - part 2] Finally, indicate if user IDs will be used for tracking purposes.
fCMc6ExFfmXhO89RNM27QNmAyRbHmcMcjqNiJsXxikujHAQCfT0xhxrhK7K8sOYUh8p38rBXPt-g4BgU-OTO7nBcIwJq2i5S8jxWqa4vPUVOr6XKmPFqzhtQOgGvm3l32fCD9U4oMvzQvv3qYw0Nda4

[Question 3 - part 3] Finally, indicate if user IDs will be used for tracking purposes. 

cldXlndDMav15mxd5LKgWW0XHHPWugPgxI6DoQXSnz-kohM_l-E8Kb8RJGJkmzVp42n1DtJIeH1DkJOpqOCECscOEe_LDzMFZzSU_RojZHDg-tQgozvWCWMHEgRZZj0OhXxxKa43tBatadMICo4AJXU

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 17 May 2023, 16:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Behnam I think this question is related to the same one here: https://amplitude-en.insided.com/data-instrumentation-57/app-privacy-requirement-in-apple-store-due-to-amplitude-usage-2231