Solved

Missing event tracking my phone

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi team,

Our application Wonder is working on ecommerce payment solution now, we find out some problem with tracking the trigger points in amplitude during working on the funnel of registration process. Based on our operation, the registration process consists of 6 steps, that is start of signup, receiving SMS code of phone, SMS code of email, verification of ID card, selfie verification and finally sign in.

In the process of verifying ID card and face, we found out that we failed to track these two events when entering my device id to track in amplitude, which can be shown below. What confuses us is that the event can be recorded in the data tab and also the local log of the flutter frontend, but failed only in tracking my own phone. 

Secondly, when I tracked my own phone, I found out that my device id changed every time I logged in our application, is there any chance we can fix this id up to the device of the user?

Last but not least, there’s a gap between the event volume and the number of events we tracked in the funnel, does anyone know why? (I only show one day of the data in the second demo below, but you can see the gap here.

icon

Best answer by Amplitude Admin 12 March 2023, 22:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @kefananalyst. We’d have to take a closer look at your particular use case and setup to dive deeper here. Were you able to make progress since you posted this? Here’s a helpful overview of the two chart types you’re using. Also explore our guide to mobile analytics