Solved

iOS SDK - legacy or Beta?

Wanted to get this communities input and experiences using the legacy and beta SDKs for iOS? 

icon

Best answer by alex.ho 15 February 2023, 16:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here! @Saish Redkar any thoughts on this? 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the tag @Jeremie Gluckman.

I have very limited experience with mobile SDKs in general, so won’t be able to help much on this topic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for letting me know! @Matrak and @dangrainger would you both have any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi ! 

Unfortunately, I don’t have an experience with mobile SDKs yet and won’t be able to help. ☹️

Best of luck !

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Afraid not @Jeremie Gluckman , it’s the Flutter SDK for us!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks both!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there!

The new Analytics SDK for iOS is written in Swift and has cleaner API interfaces than the legacy one. It also has advanced features that are aligned with our other next-generation SDKs such as custom plugin support. Lastly, the new one uses file store instead of sqlite for storing unsent events underneath.

Please note that currently the new iOS SDK doesn’t support the Ampli wrapper and integration with the Amplitude Experiment SDK but our team is working on adding these in the future. Also it doesn’t currently support Objective-C (will be in the future) but if you’re using Swift, it’s not an issue.

Hope this helps!

THank you!!! Awesome assessment. 

Lorri 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I second that. Thanks for chiming in here @alex.ho! 😀

@alex.ho 
Is there any expected timeline when the iOS Swift SDK (beta) is going to support the wrapper?
Thanks!