Question

Inconsistent Week Definition in Date Selection Settings

Hi Amplitude,

I'm encountering an issue with the date selection settings where the definition of a week seems inconsistent. Specifically, I've noticed that the date June 2, 2024, is overlapped in different week selections. Here are the details:

1. In the comparison settings, when selecting "Previous week," it shows the week ending on June 2, 2024, this should be including June 2.
  2. However, in the calendar view for selecting weeks, June 2, 2024, is part of the week ending on June 8, 2024.

Can anyone help clarify why this inconsistency is happening and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

6 replies

Badge
I'm encountering an issue with the date selection settings where the definition of a week seems inconsistent. Specifically, I've noticed that the date June 2, 2024, is overlapped in different week selections. Here are the details:

1. In the comparison settings, when selecting 'Previous week,' it shows the week ending on June 2, 2024, this should be including June 2.
2. However, in the calendar view for selecting weeks, June 2, 2024, is part of the week ending on June 8, 2024.

Can anyone help clarify why this inconsistency is happening and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Hi Kelsy,

Thank you for contacting Amplitude Support. Happy to help!

I understand your concern about the week definition in the comparison settings. I have opened a discussion to clarify with our Engineering team. I will get back to you once we have an update.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Thao

Hi Kelsy,

Thank you for contacting Amplitude Support. Happy to help!

I understand your concern about the week definition in the comparison settings. I have opened a discussion to clarify with our Engineering team. I will get back to you once we have an update.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Thao

Where I can checkout upcoming events?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @prishasingh, you can check out our upcoming events at https://amplitude.com/events. I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Hi Kelsy,

Our engineering team confirmed this is a bug and is currently looking into it. Once the problem has been resolved, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry about the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Thao

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Hi Kelsy,

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Our Engineering team has resolved the issue. The 'Compare to past' should now show the correct date range.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and please let us know if you run into it again!

Best regards,
Thao