Solved

How to Download Session Data

• 10 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I want to download session data but haven’t found the feature, what I found was just downloading the user data. How to download session data? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 10 March 2022, 18:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @devyhappy5 

By session data, do you mean the stats shown in your current session length distribution bar chart?
If yes, then only the Export CSV option on the table breakdown will be able to give you that.

As you mentioned, the Microscope feature currently helps you download only user data.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Badge

Hey @devyhappy5 

By session data, do you mean the stats shown in your current session length distribution bar chart?
If yes, then only the Export CSV option on the table breakdown will be able to give you that.

As you mentioned, the Microscope feature currently helps you download only user data.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Hi @Saish Redkar, thanks for your answer. Yes, the Microscope feature currently helps to download only user data. I wont to download the session raw data of bar chart who i shown, is it possible?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

HI @devyhappy5 ,

I agree with @Saish Redkar here! While you could use the Dashboard REST API to get certain session values and you can also use it to query an existing chart, I don’t think you will get exactly the information you are looking for but I hope it helps! 

KInd Regards,

Denis

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @devyhappy5
The Export CSV looks the quickest option to get a fair bit of stats shown on that chart.
There isn’t any specific “raw session data” to be precise since Amplitude crunches your raw event data using the various timestamps to generate the session charts.

As Denis said, you can also try the Dashboard REST API to see if that format works for your use case.

Badge

Hi @Saish Redkar @Denis Holmes 

Thanks a ton for your answers. Helped me clarify things in Amplitude.

Best Regards,

Devy