Solved

How do I rotate my secret key?

• 23 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I can’t figure out how to reach support. I need to rotate my secret key in a non-disruptive manner. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 13 April 2023, 11:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there,
Thank you for contacting us, happy to assist with this!

When it comes to API keys - Engineering is not willing to allow for changes with API key since it affects ingestion => and data loss if misused. 

Also, API keys are by nature public so it shouldn't matter (anyone can look at outgoing traffic from a device and see the API key).
Therefore we are not changing API keys at the moment.

However, we are willing to change your Secret Keys specific to each Project!
You can read more about Secret key here

I'm more than happy to put through a request to change the Secret key on your behalf, let me know if this is something you want us to do for you.

Best regards,
Zhenia

Yes, I am asking only about rotating my secret key. Thanks for forwarding me on to support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Sounds good @CGK. I just forwarded this to the team. Thank you! 😃

I need assistance with support on this topic as well

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know @kasubi

@Jeremie Gluckman will someone be able to reach out to me to help me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @kasubi. I’m sending your note to our support team and looping in my colleague @Esther Trapadoux for visibility. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@kasubi posting this answer from our support team here in case you missed it. Also, to help other members who have the same question in the future.@CGK this might be helpful for you, too.

Regarding API keys, our engineering team is not willing to allow for changes with API keys since it affects ingestion and data loss if misused. API keys are also by nature public so it shouldn't matter (anyone can look at outgoing traffic from a device and see the API key). Therefore we are not supporting changing API keys at the moment.

Regarding secret keys, we are able to re-generate your project's secret key on the backend with the approval of an Admin. If you will like to submit a request to change the secret key, please respond with the following information:

1. Project ID and name that you want to rotate the secret key for.
  2. 3 time options within the next 3 days that will be an optimal time for us to make this change. An agent will reach out and coordinate the exact time with you.
  3. Approval from an Admin of the project. If you are not an Admin, please CC an Admin in your reply.