Skip to main content

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the Google Ads (Event Stream) to work?

My clients are not able to obtain a Google Ads Developer Token for the Amplitude destination. This is the response by Google:

We are unable to grant your request for a developer token to be used with a third-party tool that you do not manage. This is a violation of the Google Ads API Policies, and is not a permissible use case for API access.

A developer token is a means to enable your application to connect to the Google Ads API. This token must belong to and be managed by the developer responsible for building and maintaining the codebase of the app.

You should not share your developer token with another entity whose codebase you don't manage. Additionally you should not build your app in a manner that requires clients to obtain a developer token for it to be used.

Therefore, it seems to me that the Google Ads Developer Token isn’t meant to be used like this ?

I know that Amplitude changed their authorization method quite recently, so would love to know if other people were able to get this working.

Cheers,

Armando

Hey @Armandopdw, I connected with the team about this and they shared that they updated the Google Ads event streaming connector to address this a couple weeks back. The documentation update is pending at the moment.

With this update you will no longer need to provide the developer token. If you try creating a new sync now, you should be able set it up with the Google Cloud service account, the Google Ads customer id, and the Google Ads conversion action ID.

Let me know if you run into any issues!