Question

Event Tracking & Dashboarding Issue

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there,I'm having some issues with our amplitude event tracking & dashboards. Our team has recently set up all our app events to send to Amplitude. When we look at the Amplitude events on their own , for example "subscription_started" or "trial_activated", the data coming into Amplitude is correct and lines up when we Q/A. However, as soon as we try and create a funnel or dashboard to visualize the movement of data through events, for some reason the data doesn't seem to report accurately or in some cases, the events, like "subscription_started", won't fire at all.

We've been trying to figure out this issue for almost a month now and it's been preventing us from scaling with Amplitude.

Before April 3rd, multiple users could possibly be associated with the same device ID. With our understanding, this should not affect the funnels/dashboards. Since April 3rd, we've updated the device ID to be unique across the users, but it still doesn't seem to have fixed the discrepancy. For now, we're mainly looking at figuring out the two events "trial_activated" and "subscription_started" when it comes to putting them in the funnel. We also offer a 14-day free trial and we're not sure how that impacts the reporting (we did try and extend the conversion funnel to 15 and 20 days), but that didn't seem to solve the issue.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Ethanethier,

This is Yuanyuan from the Amplitude Support team. I am very sorry to hear that you have been struggling with setting up the charts. I am committed to help you figure out the cause and see what needs to be done going forward.

Can I understand the issue is that you do not see conversions between 'trial_activated' and 'subscription_started' events? Could you please share the chart link with me. Then I will look into the data in the project for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
Yuanyuan

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.