Skip to main content
Solved

Event Explorer Chrome plugin not working

• 2 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I am trying to make Event Explorer Chrome extension work - to no avail. I see that Event Explorer in Amplitude online app logs events from the portal I want to track, but the Chrome plugins shows nothing. Does it require any extra configuration?

Kind regards,
Maciej

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Hi Maciej,

Hope you are well!

The Amplitude Event Explorer Chrome extension is designed to help you examine and debug your Amplitude JS SDK or Browser SDK instrumentation by capturing each Amplitude event you trigger and displaying it in the extension popup.

If you aren't seeing your events pop up in the extension, there could be a few reasons for this:

1. You are not using Amplitude JS SDK or Browser SDK.
2. You are not instrumenting Amplitude JS SDK or Browser SDK correctly.

Are you using either the JS SDK or Browser SDK?

You can find more information about the Instrumentation Explorer in the Amplitude Help Center.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Eddie

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.

Hi Eddie,
I’ll need to reach out to the developers that were implementing Amplitude in our company to know that. But anyways, thanks for the hint!

Regards,
Maciej

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Hi Maciej,

You're welcome! Yes, please do check with your developers. They should be able to confirm if they are using the JS SDK or Browser SDK for Amplitude. If they are, the Chrome extension should work as expected. If they're not, the extension won't be able to capture the events.

If you or your developers have any more questions or run into any issues, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Best,
Eddie

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.