• 1 reply

Hello,

I have set up a chart to compare the conversion difference between users:

• who started with (1A) and then (2) = flow 1A2

VS.

• who started with (1B) and then (2) = flow 1B2

as follows:

1. I wonder if this is a correct setup
  2. The user U1 who started with view-search-results-page had to go to checkout page and triggered view-checkout-page prior to end the journey with purchase. 

The user U2 who started with view-checkout-page went back to view-search-results-page then view-checkout-page and purchase.

The question is: can we be sure that U1 is only counted in flow 1A2, and U2 is only counted in flow 1B2?

Thank you so much!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Hi Huy,

Thank you for contacting Amplitude Support. Happy to help!

The 'compare event' feature helps show converstion rates between different flows in a single Funnel Analysis chart. In your example, the users U1 and U2 complete two flows (1A2 and 1B2), thus they will be counted in both flows.

To ensure they are only counted in one flow, you can change the funnel order from this order to exact order. 'This order' requires users to fire the events you selected in the order you specified, but users may fire other events in between the ones you're interested in. 'Exact order' is stricter, in that users will not be counted as converted if they fire other events in between the ones listed.

U1: 1A -> 1B -> 2
U2: 1B -> 1A -> 1B -> 2

In the example above, the users will be counted in the 1B2 flow.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Thao

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.