Solved

Chart with top X number of values

• 30 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Many of our charts and graphs are looked at by version numbers and we want to create some standard charts that track the top X number of versions, where the X number may vary based on the chart, but so far I dont see a way to control how many “Top Events” a chart shows.

Sometimes Amplitude automatically display the top 3 or 12 or some random number and the charts will show whichever versions are in the top # for that chart. However we can’t seem to find a way to control what that number of “Top Events” is.

Does someone know how to control this? I’ve tried just selecting the top 5 versions, but then Amplitude typically saves the chart as specifically those 5 and not generically the top 5

icon

Best answer by Zhenia Semenina 5 September 2022, 14:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there,
Thanks for writing in, happy to assist you with this!

At this moment in time, you can only select segments you want to see manually (by putting a checkmark next to the segment you want to include in your analysis)

?name=image.png

However, we are always open to feedback! What is your use case for this functionality and how would you imagine automating it? Happy to pass this along to our Product team! 

Best regards,
Zhenia

Badge

Hi @Zhenia Semenina, I ran into the same need. I think there are a lot of use cases that this could be helpful for, and it seems to me kind of standard to have.

I want to show how did our TOP 10 customers perform in the last week, compared to previous week. To do that, I need to present differences in the conversion rate between last period and previous period per customer, but only for the top 10 customers (each customer is a business). let’s say that the top 10 is calculated by the count of event totals. The top 10 could contain different customers every time, and I want the chart to present this dynamic list of the top 10 customers.

Another use case, is when I want to present the top 10 customers with the biggest change in conversion between last period compared and previous period. Right now I do it by sorting the customer list by the conversion metric, but again, this is not dynamic.

A bonus would be to able to look only at customers that their number of users who arrived to the first stage in the flow (the denominator of the formula in the conversion calculation) is above X. Because there is no logic on presenting partners with a big change in conversion but only with 3 users starting the flow.

Thanks in advanced.