Skip to main content

Refer to Cart Analysis object array, my team is implementing the array to View Cart and Checkout Complete events (in an ecommerce app)  and found that there are a few items have been added to the array where they actually sent several items.

For example, 

The following is what we’ve sent from the code

"product_list_viewed : i
{
id: 5646,
name: 'Product A',
price: '20'
},
{
id: 2456,
name: 'Product B',
price: '24'
}
{
id: 3534,
name: 'Product C',
price: '26'
}
{
id: 4356,
name: 'Product D',
price: '6'
}
{
id: 0884,
name: 'Product E',
price: '16'
}

]"

What it shows in Amplitude Live Event looks like this

"product_list_viewed : i
{
id: 5646,
name: 'Product A',
price: '20'
},
{
id: 2456,
name: 'Product B',
price: '24'
}

]"

Please note that the property key name and value are longer than the example I showed above

1. Is this related to the character limit ?
  2. From question #1, what is the character limit for event properties object array (in terms of cart analysis feature) ? Is it the same as user properties array (10000 chars) ? I couldn’t find any article about this yet.
  3. What if I can split the data in the array, will this issue resolve (I mean no limit anymore) ? Or If I have subscribed to the Growth plan, will this character limit increase ? (I currently in Growth plan for Production account, but for testing account it’s just starter plan)

HI @ASTH. Is the example you posted above the exact script you’re sending? Seems you’re missing a comma after the second, third and fourth items, I suspect this should solve your issue.