Solved

Apply user segment to all charts on a Dashboard

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a dashboard with a few Segmentation charts on it. This is nice, but I’d like to be able to quickly add additional user segments to all charts on that dashboard from the dashboard UI. Is this possible without manually going into each chart and adding the segment? This would allow dashboard users to quickly compare various user segments that they’re interested in.

One option is to add the various segments manually to each chart, but I feel like this would be too much information on the dashboard if a user is only interested in one or two segments.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 23 August 2022, 19:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @dmeredith 

If you are referring to directly using a prebuilt/saved user segment in a dashboard filter, then this isn’t supported. IMO, this will be a nice feature to have.

The only way I think this is currently possible is using the multiple dashboard filters dynamically ( the Add Filter ) to build the user segment on the fly. Again, this has its limitations and a more complex user segment might not be possible using this approach.

Another way is using the dashboard parameters approach. This might require creating a mock user segment to include in your charts for the relevant properties to be carried over as dashboard parameters.

Here’s a sample dashboard and chart which outlines this approach -https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/dashboard/c3cu3q0/edit/j7yitdb

Hope this helps.

Badge

Very similar to the question above, in either reports or dashboards: Ideally, I’d like to pre-create a dashboard with numerous charts and on the dashboard level to filter the data by multiple segments. So for example, when I am viewing the results of an AB test (I am using specific cookie types as my parameter), I’d like to just filter 1 dashboard to show data for control, versions B and C in each chart. Currently we have to copy every single chart for each test so we can amend the properties in it, rather than having 1 dashboard where I can just filter for all the segments I need.

Also, I’d love to be able to do this in reports as well, as I need to be able to add pictures and dashboards do not support this at the moment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Eva Bell great point, wondering if templates can help reduce some of the repetitive work here? I don’t think this is the perfect solution but it might be a good place to start if you haven’t already tried this.

Badge

I’ll check it out and see if it works. Thanks Esther!