Solved

Segmenting unique users who did either of 2 events

• 3 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I want to understand the share of users doing either of 2 events. The two events share the same property which I would love to group by.

Example

What is the share of users who either play a song or add a song to a playlist. While genre of the song is a property both events share. It should be grouped by genre.

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 4 January 2023, 13:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The below is put together in a Segmentation in the amplitude test account…

‘A’ returns users who performed one or both of “Favorite Song or Video” and “Play Song or Video”. ‘B’ does the same but groups by the song (Content_ID). The Formula section will give B/ A in the results table and chart….

...so, for example, this is saying that “8652 Over My Head :: Fleetwood Mac”  in Dec ‘22 has a 0.48% share of all users that either played or favorited any song.

If you substitute your own event names and property names in the above, I think it should give you what you’re trying to achieve.

Great, thanks a lot. This looks like a great match!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kornelius ! In addition to @dangrainger’s suggestion above, it might be worth making a custom event for “share of users doing either of 2 events”. Here’s the doc on how to make a custom event: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041885332