Solved

Custom bucket interval controls in Sessions Length Distribution chart

• 9 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello everyone,

I noticed that there were some new session metrics available under the User Sessions chart ie. Total Session Counts, Total Time Spent and Average Time Spent per User.

Along with this, we can now also customize the shape of the distribution by setting the minimum and maximum session lengths for the Sessions Length Distribution metric.  Using this, is it possible to set custom bucket intervals to specific granularity in the chart by dividing the time bucket as per our need?

Previously, the chart showed intervals ranging from secs to mins to hrs in the same chart and was kinda the preferred way for most of our Amplitude users to consume this data.

My specific use case is to have all sessions under 1 hr to be shown in intervals of 10 mins and anything above 1 hr in intervals of 1 hr.   I can do this using 2 separate charts, but wanted to know if it can be shown in the same chart. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tracy.guo 9 March 2021, 23:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Saish Redkar ! At this time, a mix of interval sizes in the same chart is not available, so I’ve gone ahead and submitted a feature request/feedback to our Product team to look into this sort of customization.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for the reply, @tracy.guo ! Appreciate the feature request submission :slight_smile: