Flags and variants for anonymous users

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello I have this case where we need to rollout a feature slowly for anonymous users, but we have found out that variants doesn’t work for those users if we set them different percentages, for example I have a flag with 2 variants, A and B I set A to 90% and B to 10%, test this with an anonymous user and he get neither of those! he gets the OFF flag, anonymous users only receive a flag if I set only one variant to 100%

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @John, Thanks for posting here. I’m missing some context on your specific set up but I can point you to these two resources on tracking unique users and identifying your users. More info about A/B testing is here. Let me know if this helps!

Hello @Jeremie Gluckman the issue here is that I don’t want to identify users, I need to work on anonymous users because this is an experiment that has to be enabled before a user is logged in

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for the context @John. I’ll get some additional eyes on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @John Closing the loop, you should be able to rollout to anonymous users with the Segmentation of users where user ID = (none). Keep us posted as you make progress!