Solved

Experiment Flag Slack Integration / Webhook

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey there,

Recently we had an incident that was caused by a feature flag being toggled. The incident commander was not aware of the feature flag being toggled to understand what changed in the system. Typically, we push system changes like this to Slack with automations to make it more visible. I noticed there is a Slack integration for some Amplitude features and webhooks for custom monitors, but didn’t see this. What we’re looking for is an integration or webhook that will notify us when a feature flag state is changed. Is there any way to do something like this? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Yosimy.Cortes 26 April 2024, 23:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi Eric,

My name is Yosimy from Amplitude Support, happy to help out!

We do have Slack notifications for Experiments which can be configured here: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/227613388-Integrate-Slack-with-Amplitude

However, they are limited in when they would send notifications to Slack:
![](https://amplitude.zendesk.com/attachments/token/hJ0ww37IIJVFkOjrx0uGtnli7/?name=Screenshot+2024-04-26+at+2.49.58%E2%80%AFPM.png)

Unfortunately, we also do not offer webhook functionality for Slack

I understand how useful it would be to have notifications for changes in Experiment feature flags. I recommend submitting this as a feature request in our Product Ideas forum. Our Product team regularly reviews these submissions and uses them to inform our product roadmap.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Yosimy

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.
Badge

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t notice the Slack notifications for the Experiment updates. Too bad it doesn’t include experiment changes. I will post into the feature requests.

Edit: Added here: 

Userlevel 4
Thanks for your response, Eric! Sounds good and let us know if you have any further questions!

Best,
Jarren

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.