Allow users to customize the API endpoint for the Amplitude Event Explorer Chrome Extension

Related products: Data Management

I’m currently proxying all requests to Amplitude via an API gateway. This prevents me from using the Amplitude Event Explorer.

To work around this problem, I’m copying the extension, inserting my custom end point into the extension source code, and then manually loading the extension so it detects my events. This is a chore. If I wanted to share this with my co-workers, I’d have to publish my own copy of the extension which might not line up with the terms of use.

If the extension were open source, I might be tempted to fix this myself. :-)

Thanks for this idea @Krishna Blazzy Rajendragon 😀 I’ve sent it to the product team for review! 

Same trouble! In web data from 10 to 20% of data is hidden under the Ad Block and so on. So proxy is must. But event explorer not working with proxy. Upvote!

Hey, I have exactly this issue, any update on this? @Jeremie Gluckman 

@sam pennington sorry about the delay! I pinged someone from our technical support team to jump in here.

@sam pennington looks like the support team reached out a few days ago. Posting this answer here so it helps other members with the same question (although probably not the answer you were hoping for):

There’s no option at this point in time, unfortunately. 
We made a Feature Feedback ticket to track this feature request, but the caveat to this is that it is unlikely to happen soon, unfortunately, because there is no active development happening on Event Explorer at this point in time.

We do, however, take customer feedback seriously. We encourage you to submit a feature request via the Amplitude widget at the bottom right corner on the UI > Give Feedback (please see attached screenshot). 

Please share as much information as possible about your use case and how you visualize the feature. Links are more than welcome! A detailed description would help our Product team understand the importance of the request better.