Solved

Taxonomy API for tracking plan

• 5 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Can I use the Taxonomy API to manage events and event properties in a Tracking Plan. that replaced the Govern add-on ?

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 13 April 2023, 11:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @vbhamidipati 

Based on the discussions on this post and time elapsed, they should have rolled out the support of using Taxonomy API with the new Data offering by now. Not 100% sure though.

You might have to reach out to your CS manager to enable this API as per the docs

Thanks Saish, I have looked at that article. Also the Taxonomy API was enabled for us when we had the Govern add-on. Our API calls to the Taxonomy API are failing after we were migrated to the Tracking Plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Got it. So maybe taxonomy API isn’t supported on Data yet.

Looping in  @patrickthompson  @Amplitude Admin to verify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks @Saish Redkar I’ll also send this to our support team for further investigation and am looping in @Esther Trapadoux

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@vbhamidipati it looks like @jarren.patao just got back to you on this but posting the answer here as well (also helpful for future members who may have the same question):

Thanks for reaching out. The current Taxonomy API was built for our older product - Govern and we are not expected to bring in support for the new Data feature at this time so sincere apologies for any inconvenience there. The Data interface has advanced capabilities like branching, environment and approval workflows, but you can read a bit about this here: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/sections/5078652524827-Get-started-with-Amplitude-Data