Solved

How to export all the user data?

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I want to export all the user data from Amplitude, especially the IDs, like the Amplitude ID, Merged ID and the userID. But the only way I found is to use the user search API. But this API has a very small hour;y rate limitation. Is there any other way to do this?

I noticed that we could also export to Snowflake or GCS, but in the document, it mentioned that

Export events ingested today and moving forwardExport all merged Amplitude IDs, or export both.

Does this mean that it only gonna export the data starting from the day that I set up the connection, or all the historical data will be exported as well?

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 10 May 2023, 09:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @dddt118 - for the Snowflake connection you can definitely do exports of historic data, we’re doing that right now. Not sure about the GCS connection, but I’d be very surprised if it was any different.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks @dangrainger! @dddt118 welcome! Here’s more on exporting historical data to GCS. At the moment, the GCS destination we've built out allows for exporting events ingested today and moving forward. Once this is set up, you can set up a manual export of backward looking data later. Here is an example of the interface once you've set up the destination:

There shouldn't be a limit as far as how far back you're able to backfill your data, but otherwise please let me know if you have any questions regarding this GCS destination: https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/data/destinations/google-cloud-storage/#raw-event-file-and-data-format 

Hi @Esther Trapadoux Will the backfill also export the Merged User ID data?