Question

Export amplitude data to Redshift is not progressing further

• 4 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi, I am trying to export amplitude data to redshift. I was able to successfully export 1 day data into redshift for a given schema. But later I found out schema is incorrect and so I created one more export with the required schema. But I tried to backfill 1 day. But this time its taking long long time and not progressing at all. Its stuck at 50% and not progressing further. It always show the export status as 50%.

Kindly help me and guide me on this issue

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @VivekHomage 

Per the docs, this process can take anywhere from a single day to several weeks, depending on your data volume, warehouse size, cluster count, network bandwidth, and number of concurrent historical data exports you currently have, among other factors.

If everything checks out on the above factors, then maybe you can delete this export job and start a new one.

Badge

Hi Saish, Thanks for the reply.. Today I saw its in “Failed” status. Not sure what is the reason for the failure. Is their anyway to know what is the reason for the failure ?

But initially it got loaded successfully for different target database(with in same cluster)

When I am trying for different database I am facing this issue.

Also I have exported different amplitude event ot the same target redshift schema, even that export job worked fine.

Only this time I am facing this issue

any further guidance or assistance here ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@VivekHomage thanks for writing in about this and welcome to the community. Looks like you’re getting help from our support team and they’ve filed this with the eng team. Will keep this post updated once the issue is resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for jumping in @Esther Trapadoux !

Badge

Hi @Esther Trapadoux Thanks.. Awaiting for the reply from support team. Hope I get it resolved soon

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@VivekHomage looks like @Thao Nguyen sent you a few things to try yesterday via the support ticket. Do you mind checking for that message and following those steps? Thank you!

Badge

Hi @Esther Trapadoux Thanks.. Let me check