description and display name set in data not showing up in analytics

Badge

Hi, I am testing adding a display name and/or description to an event. I have found this can be done in the Data area, but it’s not showing up elsewhere, for example when I search for events while building a chart or in user lookup area

Here is the event edits I made, about 5 days ago

Here you can see it is not showing up elsewhere for that event

Is this a bug? Thanks, Anna

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @gingerling ,

Thanks for writing in to Amplitude Community! I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this issue. This does appear to be a bug and I’ve reported the issue to our Engineering team. I will get back to you as soon as possible once the issue has been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience! 

Best,

Nehita

Badge

Hi, the same bug with display name too. Is issue still in work for today? Any success results?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @Vladislaff. Sorry that you’re still experiencing this roadblock. The team is taking a look and will get back to you soon! Thanks for bearing with us!

Badge

Hi any news on if/when this will fixed, making some decisions atm about our naming schema and it would be good to know that fixing it is on the roadmap, thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @gingerling 😀 Chiming in here to double check. Did you hit "publish" for the data to sync from Data to Analytics? 

Badge

Hi, @Amplitude Admin we saw at changing list (before publishing) and there wasn’t any event like rename. Is it make sense to publish if we rename event but its not in change list?

So, I published changes but display name is not working: in charts I see only old event name - in old reports and in new charts situation is the same.

Any thoughts?

Badge

Hi @Amplitude Admin, @Nehita I. , @Jeremie Gluckman 

Have we any updates for now? We discuss this problem more than 20 days... 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Vladislaff ,

Thanks for reaching out! A fix was deployed a couple of weeks ago to resolve the issue that was originally reported, however it seems like you may be experiencing a separate issue. I will contact you in a separate email to further investigate! 

Best,

Nehita