When are my events available in charts

• 12 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When are my events available in charts?

I have noticed that this is not happening immediately, in fact it seems to be around 10 minutes or so.

Can someone tell me the expected time before new events appear in charts? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @KatSharp 

It should be almost instantaneous, but it does come in sometimes with a lag. Largely depends on the method of ingestion and how Amplitude’s ingestion pipeline is behaving that day.
We employ Snowflake ingestion and encounter a bit of a lag between the Data Sources ingestion logs and the actual event count being reflected in the charts.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think then I might be seeing a bug in the Data Tables.

My tables don’t get updated (in segmentation hcarts there is the ability to refresh, but i don’t see that in data tables).

Also, the numbers are wrong between different segmentations, I assume though that this might be to do with not being able to refresh the data?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @KatSharp, Thanks for following up. Were you able to make progress here?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Jeremie Gluckman No. I just stopped using Data Tables as now I don’t trust the results

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for closing the loop @KatSharp I’ve let the team know!

Userlevel 2
Badge

you are welcome. I m leaving the project (it was just a temporary assignment) so i won’t have access to this account anymore for any follow up questions

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there Kat, just seeing this! I’ll follow up with you over the email :)

Best,

Zhenia

Badge

I’m also having the same thing where I see certain events in my user explorer window but they just aren’t available for segmentation. It’s been about 30 minutes

Badge

I found my event in the explorer, and was able to make a chart, but next to the event name is a warning icon that says ‘This event has been deleted. Please use another event’. Is it still populating or is something messed up here?