Solved

Web Attribution

• 24 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I managed to instrument a mulit-touch attribution using the Javascript SDK to capture all relevant utm parameters but what is happening to me is that when I create some dummy data and use a funnel chart to see how my personal user behaves it counts me as a converted user for every single utm_medium that I created which I think is not accurate because I haven’t “converted” with all of the utm_mediums I used.

Do you know why that happens? 

The UTMs I’m working with are:

• utm_source = walk-me
  • utm_medium = [product-tour, email, smart-walk-thru, onboarding] 

Here’s a screenshot of how the chart looks

icon

Best answer by tracy.guo 27 August 2021, 19:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @nicocarrascosa - thanks for your question!

To confirm, when this user performed the “referrals - share invitation” event, was the utm_medium = [product-tour, email, smart-walk-thru, onboarding] ? If so, then the results will bucket the user into each value of the array. 

Badge

Hi @tracy.guo,

Not exactly. 

The event got triggered with only 2 of those utm_medium. The way I would have expected the chart to be displayed was

Funnel of Unique Users

viewed referrals page where utm_medium = onboarding → 1

viewed referrals page where utm_medium = product-tour → 1

referrals - share invitation where utm_medium = onboarding → 0

referrals - share invitation where utm_medium = product-tour → 1

This way I would know that the utm_medium = product-tour is performing better than utm_medium = onboarding,

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @nicocarrascosa - we’ve gone ahead and opened a support ticket for you since investigating this will require a bit of back and forth. Keep a lookout in your inbox!