Solved

User lookup

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi there - I’d like to get a user lookup function for a specific time period. Right now, filters are only showing 1 user from 5 hours ago but there are plenty with this event type across the last week. 

How do I get all these users from the last week to appear?

icon

Best answer by tsegalla 24 February 2023, 16:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @adam12 

User Lookup is limited to only the 100 most recent events Amplitude has received from your product during the last day (based on upload time), along with their corresponding time, ID, event, platform, and country.

An event segmentation chart will be a better option to see users over the last week on your desired event type.

Hope this helps.

Badge

If it is the 100 most recent events, why would more users not appear for my given filter? The event has occurred across hundreds of users in the past few weeks

Badge

@Saish Redkar - again, it appears we are only seeing 5 hours of data in the user lookup?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @adam12,

As Saish mentioned, the User Lookup screen loads the most recent 100 events in the last day.  The event won’t display if it was fired previous to the most recent day (e.g. a few weeks ago).

Can you explain your use case a bit more?  I agree with Saish that an Event Segmentation chart would do a great job showing you a trend of events performed over a time period, but maybe you’re trying to achieve something slightly different.

Thanks!