Solved

Shopify app install is wonky. Missing amplitude-user-id.liquid

• 21 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello Amplify Community,

I set up Amplify in my Shopify. For the past two days the app has been just a blank-ish page:

Has this happened to anyone before?

I had some problems setting it up. The app wouldn’t save my API key. But it ended up in my source thru the {% render 'amplitude' %} tag and I was getting events hitting my Data dashboard. I just let it run. 

A couple of days ago I tried doing something about:

I couldn’t find a copy of what this file should be so I just created a blank file named amplitude-user-id.liquid. Well it made the error go away but then all my events are reporting an unexpected error so I deleted it:

The file amplitude.liquid was installed automatically, but not the users file. Can someone point me to a repo where I can find it? Or please send me a copy.

icon

Best answer by jarren.patao 21 December 2022, 23:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @pdicTechDept, this does sound like strange behavior. I just tried to replicate it, but wasn’t able to see the same screen. In the case of you not having a specific file, I would recommend to instead uninstall the Amplitude Shopify application and reinstall it instead of getting an outside source for the `amplitude-user-id.liquid` file for security purposes. Otherwise, hope this helps! 

@jarren.patao Thank you. I understand. Will do.